SenseTime is the world’s most valuable artificial intelligence (AI) unicorn focused on computer vision and deep learning. With the mission of leading AI innovation to power the future, SenseTime has independently developed a deep learning platform, supercomputing centers, and a range of AI technologies such as face recognition, image recognition, object recognition, video analysis and autonomous driving.
As part of its expansion in Singapore and the region, SenseTime is committed to the nurturing of talent and deepening top-class research. Supported by Economic Development Board (EDB), NTU and SenseTime Singapore, this talent programme will allow selected PhD candidates to work on company-driven projects while earning their postgraduate degree at NTU. SenseTime and NTU will jointly scope and supervise candidates’ R&D projects and aim to create the best research environment. Qualified candidates will have the chance to join SenseTime as a full-time employee and pursue this programme on a full-time basis. Each PhD candidate will have at least one supervisor from NTU and one co-supervisor from SenseTime’s research team.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
- Meet the university's admission and academic requirements
- Obtained bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or other related areas
- Experienced or keen to research in the areas of deep learning and computer vision (e.g. detection, tracking, classification, segmentation, reinforcement learning, 3D vision, image processing, etc.)
- Expected to spend at least 50% of the time within SenseTime’s facilities to work on the research projects.
- Monthly stipend of 5,000 SGD for 4 years
- Fully supported tuition fees for 4 years
- Central Provident Fund (CPF) Contribution; (Note: the rate is pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF;)
- Other benefits such as insurance, conference financial support, travel, etc.
How to apply:
Application for the SenseTime-NTU Talent Programme is open.
Interested applicants will need to submit their applications concurrently to NTU and SenseTime.
|Submission of PhD Application & CV
||by 20 Feb 2020|
|Review and shortlist & Interview by NTU
||by 20 Mar 2020 |
|Final Interview by SenseTime
||by 15 Apr 2020|
NTU admissions portal: https://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/graduate/R-Programs/R-WhenYouApply/Pages/R-ApplyOnline.aspx
Please apply to "School of Computer Science and Engineering - DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
Applicants need to indicate the NTU application number (RXXXXXXX) in the subject header when applying to SenseTime.