Professors in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at NTU, together with their PhD students and research staff, explore topics in the exciting spectrum of Computer Science and Engineering to advance the state-of-the-art. Below is a brief overview of the research groups:
- Hardware and Embedded Systems: low-energy hardware, hardware acceleration, architecture-aware algorithms, reconfigurable computing, embedded sensing, multi-functional sensors, IP-enabled devices.
From left: A/P Douglas Maskell, Asst/P Mohamed Mostafa Sabry Aly, Asst/P Lam Siew Kei, A/P Nicholas Vun, A/P Arvind Easwaran, Asst/P Anupam Chattopadhyay and Asst/P Liu Weichen.
Not in photo: Prof Srikanthan Thambipillai
- Cyber Security and Forensics: data privacy, privacy-preserving analytics, malware analysis, formal systems verification, mobile device security, cyberattack attribution, dark web monitoring, botnet detection, encrypted data processing, biometrics, cyber forensics.
From left: A/P Liu Yang, Prof Lam Kwok Yan, A/P Ng Wee Keong, A/P Adams Kong and Asst/P Lin Shang-Wei.
- Data Management and Analytics: spatio-temporal databases, graph-structured databases, big data analytics, predictive analytics, social media analytics, question-answer systems, sentiment analysis.
From left: Asst/P Arijit Khan, A/P Xiao Xiaokui, A/P Sourav Bhowmick, Prof Cong Gao, A/P Sun Aixin and A/P Wen Yonggang.
Not in photo: A/P Hui Siu Cheung
- Computational Intelligence: cognitive and neuro systems, decision support systems, evolutionary, memetic and statistical learning, fuzzy systems, intelligent multi-agents, intelligent system and devices, machine learning and nature-inspired systems.
Standing: A/P Zhang Jie, Asst/P Erik Cambria, Asst/P Mahardhika Pratama, A/P Sundaram Suresh, Prof Guan Cuntai and A/P Bo An
Seated: Asst/P Kelly Ke Yiping, A/P Quek Hiok Chai, Prof Ong Yew Soon, Asst/P Lana Obraztsova , Asst/P Zinovi Rabinovich and Prof Tan Ah Hwee
Not in photo: Asst/P Sinno Pan and Prof Miao Chunyan
- Computer Vision and Language: computer vision, multimedia, image processing, video analytics, speech and signal processing, 3D geometric modeling, fringe pattern analysis, machine translation.
From left: Asst/P Lin Guosheng, A/P Chng Eng Siong, Prof Lin Weisi, Asst/P Loy Chen Change, Asst/P Shafiq Joty, Nanyang Assoc Prof Xavier Bresson, Dr Li Fang, Asst/P Lu Shijian,Prof Cai Jianfei, Asst/P Zhang Hanwang, A/P Cham Tat Jen, A/P Deepu Rajan and Dr Loke Yuan Ren
Not in photo: A/P Chia Liang Tien, A/P Chan Syin (OPE)
- Graphics and Interactive Computing: human computer interaction, user experience design, augmented reality, avatar behavior modeling, serious gaming, gamification.
From left: A/P Qian Kemao, A/P Zheng Jianmin,Prof Seah Hock Soon, Dr Owen Noel Newton Fernando, A/P Goh Wooi Boon, A/P Alexei Sourin and A/P He Ying.
- Computer Networks and Communications: software defined networks, peer-to-peer networking, data-center networking, heterogeneous networks, mobile cloud computing, machine type communications (MTC), cognitive radio.
From left: A/P A S Madhukumar, A/P Lee Bu Sung, Francis, A/P Li Mo, A/P Yeo Chai Kiat, A/P Wang Ping, Prof Dusit Niyato, Asst/P Tan Rui, A/P Lau Chiew Tong and A/P Luo Jun.
- Parallel and Distributed Computing: distributed systems/computing (collaborative technologies, p2p systems, sensor networks, theory and algorithms), high performance computing (grid and cloud computing, GPGPU, performance optimization and tools), and large scale simulation (agent-based simulation, decision support systems, virtual environments).
From left: Asst/P Liu Weichen, A/P Tang Xueyan, Prof Sun Chengzheng, Prof Cai Wentong and A/P Anwitaman Datta
Not in photo: Dr Huang Shell Ying, Dr Ta Nguyen Binh Duong
- Biomedical Informatics: diagnostic instrumentation, advanced medical imaging and visualization, physiological models, bioinformatics & computational biology, quantitative methods in medicine, healthcare information systems, security telemedicine & clinical data mining.
From left: A/P Lin Feng, Prof Rajapakse Jagath and A/P Kwoh Chee Keong.