Professors in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at NTU, together with their PhD students and research staff, explore topics in the exciting spectrum of Computer Science and Engineering to advance the state-of-the-art. Below is a brief overview of the research groups:
- Hardware and Embedded Systems: low-energy hardware, hardware acceleration, architecture-aware algorithms, reconfigurable computing, embedded sensing, multi-functional sensors, IP-enabled devices.
From left: A/P Douglas Maskell, Asst/P Mohamed Mostafa Sabry Aly, Asst/P Lam Siew Kei, A/P Nicholas Vun, Asst/P Arvind Easwaran, Asst/P Anupam Chattopadhyay and Asst/P Liu Weichen.
Not in photo: Prof Srikanthan Thambipillai
- Cyber Security and Forensics: data privacy, privacy-preserving analytics, malware analysis, formal systems verification, mobile device security, cyberattack attribution, dark web monitoring, botnet detection, encrypted data processing, biometrics, cyber forensics.
From left: A/P Liu Yang, Prof Lam Kwok Yan, A/P Ng Wee Keong, A/P Adams Kong and Asst/P Lin Shang-Wei.
Not in photo: Asst/P Marouane Kessentini
- Data Management and Analytics: spatio-temporal databases, graph-structured databases, big data analytics, predictive analytics, social media analytics, question-answer systems, sentiment analysis.
From left: Asst/P Arijit Khan, A/P Xiao Xiaokui, A/P Sourav Bhowmick, A/P Cong Gao, A/P Sun Aixin and A/P Wen Yonggang.
Not in photo: A/P Hui Siu Cheung
- Computational Intelligence: cognitive and neuro systems, decision support systems, evolutionary, memetic and statistical learning, fuzzy systems, intelligent multi-agents, intelligent system and devices, machine learning and nature-inspired systems.
Standing: A/P Zhang Jie, Asst/P Erik Cambria, Asst/P Mahardhika Pratama, A/P Sundaram Suresh, Prof Guan Cuntai and Asst/P Bo An
Seated: Asst/P Kelly Ke Yiping, A/P Quek Hiok Chai, Prof Ong Yew Soon, Asst/P Lana Obraztsova , Asst/P Zinovi Rabinovich and Prof Tan Ah Hwee
Not in photo: Asst/P Sinno Pan and Prof Miao Chunyan
- Computer Vision and Language: computer vision, multimedia, image processing, video analytics, speech and signal processing, 3D geometric modeling, fringe pattern analysis, machine translation.
From left: Asst/P Lu Shijian, A/P Chia Liang Tien, Asst/P Lin Guosheng, A/P Chng Eng Siong, A/P Chan Syin (OPE), A/P Deepu Rajan, A/P Cham Tat Jen, Nanyang Assoc Prof Xavier Bresson, Prof Lin Weisi and A/P Cai Jianfei.
- Graphics and Interactive Computing: human computer interaction, user experience design, augmented reality, avatar behavior modeling, serious gaming, gamification.
From left: A/P He Ying, A/P Zheng Jianmin, A/P Qian Kemao, Visiting Professor Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, Prof Seah Hock Soon, A/P Goh Wooi Boon and A/P Alexei Sourin.
- Computer Networks and Communications: software defined networks, peer-to-peer networking, data-center networking, heterogeneous networks, mobile cloud computing, machine type communications (MTC), cognitive radio.
From left: A/P A S Madhukumar, A/P Lee Bu Sung, Francis, A/P Li Mo, A/P Yeo Chai Kiat, A/P Wang Ping, Prof Dusit Niyato, Asst/P Tan Rui, A/P Lau Chiew Tong and A/P Luo Jun.
- Parallel and Distributed Computing: distributed systems/computing (collaborative technologies, p2p systems, sensor networks, theory and algorithms), high performance computing (grid and cloud computing, GPGPU, performance optimization and tools), and large scale simulation (agent-based simulation, decision support systems, virtual environments).
From left: Asst/P Elvis Liu Sze Yeung, Prof Cai Wentong, A/P Anwitaman Datta, A/P Tang Xueyan, Prof Sun Chengzheng and A/P Hsu Wen Jing
- Biomedical Informatics: diagnostic instrumentation, advanced medical imaging and visualization, physiological models, bioinformatics & computational biology, quantitative methods in medicine, healthcare information systems, security telemedicine & clinical data mining.
From left: A/P Kwoh Chee Keong, A/P Lin Feng, Prof Rajapakse Jagath and Asst/P Zheng Jie.