At SCSE, we believe that people are key to the success of our school. SCSE is home to more than 80 inspiring and world-renowned academics committed to excellence in teaching and research. Our faculty, who hail from top universities worldwide, teach and mentor our PhD students and undergraduates in the B.Eng (Computer Engineering) and B.Eng (Computer Science) programmes. With their diverse expertise and experience, they contribute to SCSE’s vibrant research and learning culture. These innovative and passionate talents spearhead research topics in the exciting spectrum of Computer Science and Engineering, and constantly challenge what defines the state-of-the-art in their respective fields of endeavour.
Below is an overview of our research groups:
- Hardware & Embedded Systems: low-energy hardware, hardware acceleration, architecture-aware algorithms, reconfigurable computing, embedded sensing, multi-functional sensors, IP-enabled devices.
- Cyber Security and Forensics: data privacy, privacy-preserving analytics, malware analysis, formal systems verification, mobile device security, cyber attack attribution, dark web monitoring, botnet detection, encrypted data processing, biometrics, cyber forensics.
- Data Management & Analytics: spatio-temporal databases, graph-structured databases, big data analytics, predictive analytics, social media analytics, question-answer systems, sentiment analysis.
- Computational Intelligence: cognitive and neuro systems, decision support systems, evolutionary, memetic and statistical learning, fuzzy systems, intelligent multi-agents, intelligent system and devices, machine learning and nature-inspired systems.
- Computer Vision & Language: computer vision, multimedia, image processing, video analytics, speech and signal processing, 3D geometric modeling, fringe pattern analysis, machine translation.
- Graphics & Interactive Computing: human computer interaction, user experience design, augmented reality, avatar behavior modeling, serious gaming, gamification.
- Computer Networks & Communications: software defined networks, peer-to-peer networking, data-center networking, heterogeneous networks, mobile cloud computing, machine type communications (MTC), cognitive radio.
- Parallel & Distributed Computing: distributed systems/computing (collaborative technologies, p2p systems, sensor networks, theory and algorithms), high performance computing (grid and cloud computing, GPGPU, performance optimization and tools), and large scale simulation (agent-based simulation, decision support systems, virtual environments).
- Biomedical Informatics: diagnostic instrumentation, advanced medical imaging and visualization, physiological models, bioinformatics & computational biology, quantitative methods in medicine, healthcare information systems, security telemedicine & clinical data mining.