Professors in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at NTU, together with their PhD students and research staff, explore topics in the exciting spectrum of Computer Science and Engineering to advance the state-of-the-art. Below is a brief overview of the research groups:
- Hardware and Embedded Systems: low-energy hardware, hardware acceleration, architecture-aware algorithms, reconfigurable computing, embedded sensing, multi-functional sensors, IP-enabled devices.
From left: A/P Douglas Maskell, Asst/P Mohamed Mostafa Sabry Aly, Asst/P Lam Siew Kei, A/P Nicholas Vun, A/P Arvind Easwaran, A/P Anupam Chattopadhyay and Asst/P Liu Weichen.
Not in photo: Prof Srikanthan Thambipillai, Dr Smitha Kavallur and Dr Oh Hong Lye
- Cyber Security and Forensics: data privacy, privacy-preserving analytics, malware analysis, formal systems verification, mobile device security, cyberattack attribution, dark web monitoring, botnet detection, encrypted data processing, biometrics, cyber forensics.
From left: From left: Prof Liu Yang, Prof Lam Kwok Yan, A/P Ng Wee Keong, A/P Adams Kong and Asst/P Lin Shang-Wei.
Not in photo: Asst/P Li Yi, Asst/P Zhang Tianwei, Dr Tan Kheng Leong, Dr Sourav Sen Gupta and Dr Tay Kian Boon
- Data Management and Analytics: spatio-temporal databases, graph-structured databases, big data analytics, predictive analytics, social media analytics, question-answer systems, sentiment analysis.
From left: Asst/P Cheng Long, Prof Cong Gao, Prof Wen Yonggang, Asst/P Arijit Khan, A/P Sourav Bhowmick and A/P Sun Aixin
Not in photo: A/P Hui Siu Cheung, Dr Althea Liang
- Computational Intelligence: cognitive and neuro systems, decision support systems, evolutionary, memetic and statistical learning, fuzzy systems, intelligent multi-agents, intelligent system and devices, machine learning and nature-inspired systems.
Top Row: Dr Shen Zhiqi, Asst/P Yu Han, Prof Guan Cuntai, A/P Quek Hiok Chai, Prof Tan Ah Hwee and A/P Bo An
Bottom Row: Asst/P Zinovi Rabinovich, A/P Kelly Ke Yiping, A/P Zhang Jie, Prof Miao Chunyan, Asst/P Mahardhika Pratama and A/P Sinno Pan
Not in photo: Prof Ong Yew Soon, A/P Erik Cambria and Asst/P Lana Obraztsova
- Computer Vision and Language: computer vision, multimedia, image processing, video analytics, speech and signal processing, 3D geometric modeling, fringe pattern analysis, machine translation.
Top Row: Asst/P Shafiq Joty, A/P Chng Eng Siong, Dr Loke Yuan Ren, A/P Deepu Rajan, Prof Lin Weisi and Asst/P Lu Shijian
Bottom Row: Dr Li Fang, Asst/P Lin Guosheng, Prof Cai Jianfei, Nanyang Assoc Prof Xavier Bresson, A/P Chan Syin (OPE), A/P Cham Tat Jen and Asst/P Loy Chen Change
Not in photo: A/P Chia Liang Tien , Asst/P Zhang Hanwang and Prof Vanessa Evers
- Graphics and Interactive Computing: human computer interaction, user experience design, augmented reality, avatar behavior modeling, serious gaming, gamification.
From left: A/P Qian Kemao, A/P Zheng Jianmin, Prof Seah Hock Soon, A/P Alexei Sourin, A/P Goh Wooi Boon, Dr Owen Noel Newton Fernando and A/P He Ying.
- Computer Networks and Communications: software defined networks, peer-to-peer networking, data-center networking, heterogeneous networks, mobile cloud computing, machine type communications (MTC), cognitive radio.
From left: Prof Li Mo, A/P Lee Bu Sung, Francis, A/P Tan Rui, Prof Dusit Niyato, A/P Lau Chiew Tong
and A/P Luo Jun
Not in photo: A/P A S Madhukumar, A/P Yeo Chai Kiat and Asst/P Zhao Jun
- Parallel and Distributed Computing: distributed systems/computing (collaborative technologies, p2p systems, sensor networks, theory and algorithms), high performance computing (grid and cloud computing, GPGPU, performance optimization and tools), and large scale simulation (agent-based simulation, decision support systems, virtual environments).
From left: Dr Huang Shell Ying, A/P Tang Xueyan, Prof Sun Chengzheng, Prof Cai Wentong and A/P Anwitaman Datta
- Biomedical Informatics: diagnostic instrumentation, advanced medical imaging and visualization, physiological models, bioinformatics & computational biology, quantitative methods in medicine, healthcare information systems, security telemedicine & clinical data mining.
From left: A/P Lin Feng, Prof Rajapakse Jagath and A/P Kwoh Chee Keong.